The Port of Anacortes is dedicated to developing and managing facilities and services which stimulate economic development for our community while balancing our responsibility to preserve the environment and maintain quality of life for our community.
The Port of Anacortes is committed to protecting and enhancing the natural environment through implementation of a proactive environmental program of prevention, remediation and education.
Our strategies encompass:
- The development and implementation of preventative measures to lessen the possibility of environmental damage or degradation
- The identification and rehabilitation of environmental damages or degradation on Port properties
- The orientation and education of staff, tenants and the general public regarding environmental requirements and issues
Our environmental programs include:
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention
- Clean Marina
- State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA)
- Ambient Monitoring
- Community and Environmental Stewardship
- Cleanup Sites, Redevelopment and Habitat Restoration